RK-2 XFLO SYSTEMS
satlwater protein fractionators
Protein Fractionation filtration removes suspended particulates, dissolved organics, proteins and tints. At the same time, protein fractionation lowers bacteria and pathogen concentrations, while saturating the water with oxygen.
Traditional water filtration systems, (i.e: pressurized sand filters, bead filters and cartridge filters), remove particulates but are ineffective against dissolved wastes and act as breeding grounds for bacteria and pathogens.
Water that is filtered through traditional filters is constantly sieved through the trapped wastes. Similar to that of a tea bag, this action leaches bacteria, dissolved organics and tints back into the water. The media in the filter functions as a bio-filter, promoting bacteria, which in turn strip out oxygen. Consequently, the discharge from these filters is generally enriched with bacteria and dissolved organics as well as having reduced oxygen concentration.
The fractionation filtration process is simple and highly effective. Air, (in some cases ozone as well), are injected into the bottom of the reaction chamber via an ozone resistant venturi injector. The water to be filtered is introduced at the top of the chamber and exits at the bottom. This creates a mass mixing effect, with the water traveling cross current to the air, which is essential for the effective formation of foam.
The foam rises through the column and becomes more concentrated as it passes into the upper rise tube. The tube allows for the water to drain back into the tank via gravity, while the concentrated foam is ejected over the top of the riser tube and collected into a waste drain. The upper chamber is automatically washed down with rinse systems that keep the surfaces clean and prevent the foam from drying and inhibiting the ejection process.
DESIGN BENEFITS of OZONE & PROTEIN FRACTIONATION TOGETHER:
- FEATURES FULL 2 MINUTE CONTACT TIMES
- MOLDED HDPE SCREW TOP LID – Allows for easy maintenance access
- CLEAR ACRYLIC FOAM CONTAINMENT CUP
- BAFFLE SYSTEM IN TOP CONE – Creates stilling action to maintain foam structure and laminar ejection
- AUTOMATED DUAL WASH DOWN ASSEMBLIES – Electronic or battery operated control allows simple, unlimited configurations of rinse time and interval cycling
- CLEAR SIGHT GAUGE – Makes adjusting water level height inside filter simple
- ACRYLIC & MOLDED HDPE REACTION CHAMBERS – with no tube wall penetrations
- KYNAR VENTURI INJECTORS – Standard on all units for injection of ozone gas
- TUNED VENTURI PUMPS – Provide excellent flow to amp draw design
- MULTIPLE MASS MIXING FEATURES – Unique “charging points” enhance and increase gas – liquid interface
- 316 STAINLESS STEEL HARDWARE – Made with the highest quality non-corrosive components